Anxious and insecure about marketing?I want to help you get your name and books out in front of an audience. It's free, easy, and fun.
Get the following:
- You featured, including a nod to your books with links, on my blog prior to the 4th annual joust (November 9-13).
- You get a cool badge like the one I made for myself below.
- You will be featured for a whole week on this blog during the week of Nov. 9th.
- During the week of Nov. 9th a brief story/excerpt and you will be highlighted on one day.
- You'll be listed with a link to your site on the Realms Faire page on this website for one year.
If you win, you'll get the added benefits of:
- A free ad in the slider at the top of my blog for one year. You can see the 2014 champion featured currently.
- A championship badge and bragging rights.
- A custom printed Tumbler advertising you and your win (SEE Tumbler)
So what does becoming a knight and jousting entail? It's quite simple:
- Spots are limited reserve your slot today! Click HERE and check off 'joining 4th annual joust as a knight. Huzzah!' or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- When you get an email from me, send me the name you'll joust under and 3-5 book covers. I'll send you the nifty badge and 3 magic words. The magic words are how you'll score points during the joust.
- Send me 2 excerpts, or 2 stories of your knightly feats, or one excerpt and one story of your feats.
- Send your friends and followers to this blog Nov. 9-13th and tell them to leave comments using your magic words. You're allowed to post exactly what they copy and paste. You're allowed to bribe. Prizes will be awarded to commenters daily on this site.
- Have a load of fun while getting in some marketing. You'll be having such a blast, you won't notice you're working.
Beware the Vortex
Evil is afoot. Chronos has accidentally created a vortex while cleaning his hourglass, plunging a few unfortunate souls into Lucien’s Bar, gateway to the Underworld. Now they are trapped. Lucien wants to keep them but will give each hapless victim one chance to earn their freedom. His condition? Enter a contest of skills with an Immortal opponent of his/her choosing.
Do you think you can survive a swordfight with War? How about wend your way through a carnivorous garden to get to Gaia’s treehouse? Or weave a portion of the Great Tapestry of Life while avoiding Atropos’ giant pair of life-ending scissors? Perhaps you’re brave enough to challenge Death to a peanut-eating contest? Or whip up a batch of punch with Jezebel, the Master Poisoner? Do you have what it takes to win your way out of Lucien’s grasp?
Your mission: on the day you appear in the contest you will post on your own blog, or gather together your Facebook and/or Twitter friends and provide a link to this blog, pleading (begging works too) with your loyal supporters to come to your aid at http://riverfairchild.blogspot.com/ , and cheer you on to victory. Their comments will decide your fate. I will provide you with a few magic words to bolster the power of your minions. Plead well, for you will need their strength to endure. Others might seek to cast their votes with the Immortals.
Rewards? Yes! Besides winning your freedom (hopefully), each volunteer (that would be you) who is locked in the struggle will receive an Amazon or Barnes & Noble gift card. In addition, a few lucky commenters will be picked at random to receive a gift card at the end of the Faire. Four brave people have signed up so far. I need one more to fill the week.
Interested? Sign up at . http://mpaxauthor.com/realmsfaire/ or email me RiverFairchildAuthor@gmail.com
There are a number of blogs participating in the Realms Faire and many prizes to be had, including a Grand Prize at the end of the Faire. If you’d like to contribute a prize (ebook, gift card, artwork, swag, anything you can come up with), go here to sign up. http://mpaxauthor.com/realmsfaire/